Sunday, October 10, 2010

She Knows....I Just Can't

She knows how to do it,
I don't know how, I'll admit
I know I can't, and I understand
Good choice, is all I'll say, it's just where I stand.

She would've have given you all of her heart,
I just can't, theres someone who just tore it apart,
He took all that I had, I tried to do it again, even though we both know
I just can't.

She's charming and she's cute, all in her own little way
I know I'll never be like her, the same, I'll just stay
She's just beautiful, and she's great
I wished, and I tried to be like her, but we both know
I just can't

It was your fault, but more mine,
Let's face it,
You took a chance on a bruised and beaten heart,
Then you realized you wanted something more.
We both knew it wasn't gonna work out,
I wasn't the best,
I wasn't her.

You said you loved me,
And, I loved you, too
Though, we were never in love,
I still love you, and I hope we remain friends
I think you're one hell of a dude, and I look up to you.

It's all right, I know I wasn't the best I could be
And you did your best to understand,
I'm not in the place to say what you did wrong, it's not where I stand.
I think you did a great job, and you're a great person.

So, let's just be friends, and nothing ever more.
And I wish you the best for the future, and good luck with everything else the future brings
By the way...are we still up for those chess things?


No comments:

Post a Comment