Friday, September 17, 2010

That Night

Old, old, old, old, old, old, old, old, old poem. Fiction. OLD, OLD POEM...No, I've never been seventeen. lol!
I wrote this when I was eleven...Try not to be so hard on me....lol

We both loved him, though, I have to say, she called him first
We'd been through rough times, but maybe this was one of the worst
Let me begin my tale of making the right decision,
When my head shouted "Who cares??!" and my heart whispered "You do, stupid"
This wasn't going to end well, was my vision.

He had amazing blue eyes, that sparkled in the day and sparkled in the night
His smile, crooked, sweet and bright.
He had a nice body, I do admit,
For he played many sports, he was fit.
His personality was simply great,
And we discussed him, and that when it began, our debate.

She fell for him first, but I quickly followed
I told her, for she was my best friend,
Told her we were going to play fair and square.

I laughed and I played,
Making sure I won the game.
She was beautiful, long brown hair, arcane eyes, and a contagious smile.
Let's not even mention her style!

I was surprised when he called me at ten at night
"Meet me at the park." He simply said,
"All right." I said, not sure what was ahead.

I walked to the park, and he was already there,
Laying there, in the grass, he looked like an angel, so magical, so rare
"Lay down with me." He whispered in the frilly night
I did as he said, and we stared at the night sky,
The moon was bright, such a sight.

"What." I finally managed out.
"I love you." He whispered, so this was what it was about.
He turned to me, and his eyes showed truth,
But this was the peak of our youth.

I didn't know what to do, I loved my best friend,
But I loved him too.
He leaned in to kiss me,
I turned and he kissed my cheek.
"Wha--" he started. I knew he would disagree, but it was one or the other.
"Come on, we're young, we won't be seventeen forever, we can get away with this tonight" he whispered in my ear.
"This is wrong, lets get it all clear," I started.
"I love you, but I can't do this to her." I barely stammered, as I looked away,
"I understand" I finally heard him say.
"I'm sorry." I said as tears filled my eyes,
"It's okay, she's lucky to have you as a best friend, you are very wise." he whispered.

I didn't leave we stayed there and we talked and we laughed and we became friends,
It was all good, and I tried with him, to make amends.

That night I gained a new friend, and I kept an old friend.
She never found out about that night, it would not have been bright to tell her.
I gave him up after that, this game was stupid, and it wasn't worth it.

A year later he moved, and we all cried, and we hugged, and we all were sad.
We exchanged numbers, addresses, emails, cell phone numbers, everything to keep in contact.
As I said goodbye at the airport, before he left, as he hugged me he whispered:
"I love you and I'll always will, especially after That Night."


1 comment:

  1. hehe METRO STATION!!! jeeze you were a good poet even before Mrs. Drew!!!
    ~savy

    ReplyDelete