Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Special Night; REALLY SHORT STORY!

I knew tonight was going to be special, everyone was talking about the ball. Since a few weeks back, it was the talk of town, everyone in the high society was attending the precious and expensive ball. I was anxious, nervous, and excited, tonight was the ball. I had my creamy light yellow dress all ready, my hair was curled; tonight was the big night!
As I entered the room, I saw many familiar faces, and many unknown. My creamy light yellow dress stood out against darker colors, such as navy blue, purple, and green. Instead of taking this as a fail, I took it as an advantage. I was finally going to be noticed.
A gentleman caught my eye, he wore a rather fancy black suit, a top hat, and freshly polished shoes. His hair was brown and it had slight curls and the most amazing smile I'd ever seen. As soon as he smiled, I smiled back. He was perfect. I turned to Veronica and quietly told her about what had just recently happened.
"He smiled at me! That one over there Do you know anything about him?" I hurriedly whispered. She discreetly glanced over.
"His name is Stefan Anthony Scott, he works for my father. He is a hard worked, handsome, and a really sweet gentleman. You got yourself a good one, Miranda." She whispered back.
The songs started and gentlemen started to walk to the ladies and asked them to dance. I was so excited I was sweating. Tonight is going to be a special night! I thought as I saw him walking towards me out of the corner of my eye. Veronica, who was right beside me, discreetly nudged me. I nodded back and smiled.
I felt him behind me.
"Excuse me?" He said in a deep, sweet, caramel coated voice. Take a deep breath! I slowly turned.
"Yes?" I said as I smiled into his sweet brown eyes.
"Um, can you call your friend, Veronica. You're her friend, Anabelle, right?" He said, in that hypnotizing voice,
"I'm Miranda. I'll call her right away." I said as I turned and walked towards Veronica.
"How'd it go?" She asked
"He wants to dance with you. He's in love with you." I said, in a daze.
"What?" She asked, clearly confused.
"Just. Go." I said. I faked a smile, swallowed my pride, and nodded.
I watched her as she walked towards him, with such a grace, such an elegance. I swallowed my tears, my pride, and I watched them dance. They made such a good couple, both elegant, rich, and flawless. They were in sync, their moves went smoothly, as if practiced. Right then, I knew they were soul mates, and I couldn't do a thing about it. I did what I always did when I was let down or disappointed; I smiled. The song ended and they went out to the balcony and talked.
A year later they were married. Two years later they had children. And all I could do was smile. For I was the Godmother, I was the neighbor helping with the troubles, celebrating the good news, crying for the bad. Indeed, that night was a special night.

No comments:

Post a Comment